Air Powered Dock Leveler
The Air Bag Dock Leveler from Blue Giant offers the following as standard features. A powerful blower motor activates the leveler by delivering air on demand. Heavy duty air bags are damage resistant and offer reliable performance in all temperature conditions. The deck is raised by pulling on the roller arm, which in turn uses commercial strength aircraft cables to actuate the deck upward. The fixed rear hinge allows the deck to flex up to 4″ under load. Meanwhile, the assured motion float allows for a maintained deck tilt of up to 4″
THE POWER OF AIR
The high-volume, low-pressure air lifting system is a environmentally friendly alternative to oil-powered hydraulics. The air bags can operate in extreme temperature conditions and withstand pressure without over-inflating. Their PVC-coated polyester fibers make the bags resistant to chemical or puncture damage.
- Platform flexes up to 4″ (102 mm) under load, maintaining full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed
- PVC-coated polyester fibres make the bag resistant to chemical or puncture damage
- Continuous one-piece headboard system intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure
- Single lip hinge pin enables a stronger distributed load
- Mechanical fall-safe legs limit free-fall of a loaded platform
- A minimum of six heavy-duty U-beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points, preventing ‘dishing’ and extending the life of the dock leveler. For more demanding applications, the standard fixed rear hinge design can be advanced to assured motion float, a 4″ maintained deck tilt that allows the dock leveler to withstand heavier usage without experiencing deck fatigue.
EASY TO OPERATE
- The U-Series air bag loading dock leveler comes standard with a NEMA4X/IP65 rated single push button control for sequenced deck and lip operation. When activated, the air bags inflate, raising the deck. When the button is released, the bags deflate, allowing the deck to lower smoothly onto the trailer bed.
DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
- The airbag dock leveler operates safely and efficiently under the toughest conditions; temperature extremes, heavy usage, and exposure to caustic substances. The deck flexes under load to allow a smooth cross-docking transition, minimizing the risk of worker injury and cargo or equipment damage. The fall-safe system provides additional protection by limiting platform free-fall.
Beaton Industrial provides Air Bag Loading Dock Leveler sales nationwide and on-site service throughout New York state. Our loading dock equipment representatives and service technicians travel to Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton, Albany, Watertown, Ithaca, Poughkeepsie, Potsdam, and Plattsburgh NY on a daily basis. If you would like to speak with a loading dock representative, please contact us.