Free Standing Bridge Crane
Free Standing Bridge Crane – They can handle the toughest overhead lifting tasks. These cranes can be installed on any normal 6-inch reinforced concrete floor. Features include a pre-engineered modular design that can easily expand as your business grows.
- Capacities from 250 to 4000lbs
- Bridge lengths from 4 ft to 34 ft
- Designed to be completely free standing and do not require sway bracing
- Ease of installation
- Easy movement
- Superior load positioning
- A modular design for flexible factory layouts
- Multiple bridges can be installed on one runway system to increase productivity and flexibility in a work area.
- Specially designed Free Standing Bridge Crane to meet your application.
Enclosed Track Design Makes for Easy Movement & Long Life
Both the aluminum and steel Gorbel Work Station Crane Systems utilize enclosed track that is high in strength and low in weight.
The 2° taper of the running flange helps to center the trolley in the track for smooth, effortless movement of trolleys.
- Enclosed track cranes are up to three times easier to move than traditional bridge cranes
- The design virtually eliminates dirt and dust from the rolling surface, thus reducing wear on the wheels of the trolley and end trucks
- The smooth running surface means lower rolling resistance
- The low profile of the steel track allows the system to be installed where headroom is a problem
- The low track weight reduces the applied forces exerted on the supporting structure
- Long spans allow systems to be installed where support assemblies are infrequent (up to 30 feet with steel truss design). This reduces the possibility of the support columns interfering with the work cell layout.
- Four distinct sizes of track — 250, 500, 1000, and 2000 series — enable you to keep bridge weights and costs to a minimum.
Trussed Steel Track
Permits longer spans which allows more flexibility in crane layout
- The trussed series uses the plain steel track profile but is enhanced for longer spans via a built-up truss design. This design increases the span, which decreases the frequency of hangers. Model numbers start with: GLCS-FS for spans up to 20 feet, GLCSL-FS for spans up to 25 feet, and GLCSLX-FS for spans up to 30 feet.
- Long spans translate into fewer runway support points, less interference of work cell layout, longer bridge lengths, and free standing capabilities… just another reason why Gorbel Work Station Cranes are among the most versatile to apply and easiest to install in the industry.
For use where lower bridge weight and easier movement are required
- The patented shape of Gorbel’s aluminum enclosed track provides for low weight, unparalleled spanning capability, and efoortless movement. The low weight (up to 44% less than trussed steel track) results in easier movement , which makes for safe, productive, ergonomic work cells. Runway spans up to 20 feet and bridge lengths up to 34 feet meet a wide range of applications. Model numbers start with AL-FS. Which stands for Aluminum Free Standing Bridge Crane.
Rigid Runways Provide for Superior Positioning of Loads
- Gorbel Free Standing Bridge Crane’s are installed so that the runways are rigid. They do not move laterally or longitudinally. In addition, Gorbel’s floating end trucks with horizontal wheels prevent binding. The combination of these design features results in unmatched ease of positioning and ease of movement. The bridge travels smoothly down the runways. No matter where a load is positioned on the bridge, movement is unvarying along the way. This allows superior load positioning.
- Another advantage of rigid runways is that runways double as stringers between support columns. This eliminates the need for expensive intermediate support stringers, and it lowers overall installation cost.
Free Standing Bridge Crane – Mixed Capacity Systems
Reduced bridge dead weight equals better ergonomic solutions
- A mixed-capacity Free Standing Bridge Crane allows for multiple lower capacity bridges to be used on higher capacity runways. Provided the equivalent center loads (ECL) are verified at the factory to ensure that runways and hangers are not overloaded, this is a very safe way to utilize the free standing bridge crane. For example, using Gorbel’s mixed-capacity end trucks, four 500 lb. bridges (utilizing 500 series rail) can be hung from a 2000 lb. runway, allowing side-by-side use of all four bridges without overloading the system. By mixing bridges of various sizes and capacities, mixed-capacity systems offer reduced bridge dead weight, easier movement, and reduced cost.
Easy to Install
- Free Standing Bridge Crane also known as Free Standing Work Station Crane can be installed on any normal 6″ reinforced concrete floor. Each column is anchored by four bolts, thus eliminating the need for field welding.
- Support columns are designed to AISC specifications. If no movement of the support assemblies is required, then bracing to the building is recommended (not included).
- The pre-engineered modular kit design permits easy expansion or relocation. The runway length can be increased by adding runway sections, free standing support assemblies and additional bridges as needed.
Free Standing Bridge Crane
Beaton Industrial has been selling and installing Free Standing Bridge Crane and Workstation Cranes since 1989. Centrally located in Utica, NY; our local reps cover Albany, Syracuse, Plattsburgh, Watertown, Ithaca, Binghamton, New York and beyond. Our national sales reps offer Free Standing Bridge Cranes in the following states: Serving OH, AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, IL, IN, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY