LOADING DOCK SEALS AND SHELTERS
LOADING DOCK SEALS
- Designed for door openings typically 8’ W x 8’ H where trailers are generally a standard size.
- Three sided foam protection provides the most effective seal at the loading dock door.
- A 12″ wide foam filled, wood backed head member is standard on Dock Seals for doors less than 9’0″
- Extra wide head members, 18″ to 30″, are available to allow varied truck height coverage.
- As an option, a chain-weighted drop flap can be sewn to the foam head pad to service and occasional lower truck and can be held out of the way with Velcro fasteners.
- FIXED HEAD PAD DOOR SEAL – Compression dock seals provide the most effective seal and are the most economical solution. Foam-filled side pads and fixed head pad – for servicing vehicles of the same size.
- ADJUSTABLE CURTAIN DOOR SEAL – The split curtain design allows for adjustment after the trailer is in position.
DOCK SEAL BENEFITS
- SAVE hundreds & thousands of dollars in reduced energy costs
- IMPROVE working conditions by keeping dust, dirt, debris and insects out
- PROTECT product & personnel from harsh weather conditions
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY by providing a safe & comfortable working environment
- DURABLE range of Hi-Performance fabrics to choose from
- CUSTOM sizes available
Fixed Head Pad – Standard Size Specifications
Adjustable Head Curtain – Standard Size Specifications
LOADING DOCK SHELTERS
- Designed to service a variety of truck sizes and types, regardless of dock door size
- As a truck backs into the shelter, the face curtain wraps around the sides of the truck to ensure positive weather protection
- Allows for full truck opening accessibility and accommodating both 8’0″ and 8’6″ wide trailers
- A rigid framework combined with a wide range of curtain fabrics make a dock shelter suitable for even the heaviest traffic applications
2 Common Types – Rigid and Inflatable
- STATIONARY RIGID DOOR SHELTER – The unit sides and top are covered with rigid translucent plastic. A tight seal is maintained against the sides and top of the trailer body through spring-like fiberglass stays built into the side and top curtains as well as a foam bead at the leading edges.
- STATIONARY INFLATABLE DOOR SHELTER – Inflatable Shelters are the optimum truck shelter solution. They eliminate the usual wear and tear normally found on standard truck shelters and are the best solution for any size door opening. The tear-proof fabric was developed specifically for inflatable shelters and will provide years of trouble-free service.
Rigid Shelter Inflatable Shelter
Rigid Shelter Components
1. Vertical Panels
4. 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Galvanized tube
5. Fiberglass stays
6. 4″ wide yellow guide stripe
7. Painted galvanized steel cladding
8. Foam bead
9. Cover fabric
10. Double ply of fabric on impact area
11. protective flaps
Inflatable Shelter Components
1. Pressure treated framing resists rot (optional galvanized frame available)
2. Raked head frame diverts water to sides
3. Protective steel guards
4. Replaceable foam bottom pads seal gap between truck and building wall
5. Yellow guide stripe ensures accurate placement of trucks
6. Translucent polyethylene sheeting with UV inhibitors allows light into loading dock area
7. Galvanized trim angle will not rust
8. “Stop” logo on side air bag to prevent trailer from entering dock area if bag is accidentally left inflated
9. Air bag storage curtains prevent damage to air bag when retracted by any misaligned trailer
10. Optional “Reflective Guides” ensure accurate truck placement and help to protect frame from misaligned trailers.
Located in Utica, New York – Beaton Industrial is the northeast leader in Loading Dock Seals & Shelter sales and installation. Our dock seal representative’s are located throughout Upstate, Central, and Northern New York including Albany, Utica, Syracuse, Watertown, Binghamton, Poughkeepsie, and Plattsburgh.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to have one of our Loading Dock Seals specialists visit your facility for a free loading dock application survey, please contact us today!