What is a Conveyor System?
- A conveyor system is a commonly used piece of mechanical handling equipment that moves materials from one location to another.
- Conveyors are especially useful in applications involving the transportation of heavy or bulky materials.
- Conveyors systems allow quick and efficient transportation for a wide variety of materials, which make them very popular in the material handling and packaging industries.
Conveyor Systems – A safer ergonomic solution
Conveyor systems are used widespread across a range of industries due to the numerous benefits they provide
- Conveyors are able to safely transport materials from one level to another, which when done by human labor would be strenuous and expensive
- Conveyors can be installed almost anywhere, and are much safer than using a forklift or other machine to move materials
- Conveyors can move loads of all shapes, sizes and weights.
- Many Conveyors now have advanced safety features built in to help prevent accidents
- Conveyor systems come in a range of running systems, including mechanical, hydraulic, and fully automated systems.
- Conveyors offer the end-user a flexible, and safe material handling solution.
Care and Maintenance of Conveyor Systems
- Conveyor systems are often the lifeline to a company’s ability to effectively move its product in a timely fashion.
- Increasing the service lift of your conveyor system involves choosing the right conveyor type for your application, having a properly designed system, and taking part in regular preventative maintenance.
- The steps that a company can take to ensure that it performs at peak capacity include regular inspections, close monitoring of motors and reducers, keeping key parts in stock, and having a proper preventative maintenance program in place with your local service technicians.
Types of Conveyor’s and the Industries That Utilize Them
|Types of Conveyor
|Industries That Use Conveyors-Conveyor systems are commonly used in many industries including:
Commonly Conveyed Materials
Beaton Industrial sells, installs, and contracts preventative maintenance service agreements for many different types of conveyor systems. Our sales team and preventative maintenance technicians travel throughout New York State including but not limited to, Syracuse, Albany, Utica, Plattsburgh, Poughkeepsie, Binghamton, and Watertown New York.