Mechanical Loading Dock Leveler – Blue Giant NextGen Series
With innovative features such as J-beam deck support and a highly efficient ratchet hold-down system, the Blue Giant mechanical dock leveler has an industry-wide reputation for quality and performance.
POWERFUL HOLD-DOWN SYSTEM
The Blue Giant Mechanical Dock Leveler has a cadmium-plated hold-down system that maintains constant contact between the dock lip and the trailer bed, ensuring compatibility with air-ride trailers. Operation remains smooth and quiet during loading / unloading.
- Minimum of 8 J-beam channels supporting the deck
- Deck flex of up to 4″ (102 mm) when under load
- Reduces the risk of dock leveler ‘pop-up’
- Easy-Pull for quicker and easier deployment
Blue Giant Legacy Dock Leveler – Manufactured up to 2018
Mechanical Loading Dock Leveler – Blue Giant U-Series
Powerful Hold-Down System
- The U-Series Mechanical Loading Dock Leveler‘s hold-down system is controlled by a 45,000 PSI precision-milled steel ratchet with 13 deep grooves and four pawls, offering strong locking capability. During loading and unloading, the friction disk brake enables the deck to seamlessly match the trailer height, minimizing cross-docking bounce. The increased contact surface with the disk brake creates even wear on the brake pads and results in greater hold while reducing maintenance requirements.
- U-beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points, preventing ‘dishing’ and prolonging the life of the dock leveler. The continuous one-piece headboard intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure. A Single lip hinge pin enables a stronger distributed load.
Deck Flex Advantage
- Ideal for normal loading conditions, the fixed rear hinge design allows the deck to flex up to 4″ (101mm) when under load to ensure full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed. The hinge remains flush with the floor to eliminate pinch points and cross traffic obstruction.
Designed with Safety in Mind
- If a truck leaves the dock unexpectedly or slides free of the lip plat, mechanical fall-safe legs prevent platform free-fall, minimizing the risk of worker injury and equipment damage.
Beaton Industrial provides Mechanical Loading Dock Leveler sales and service throughout New York state. Our loading dock equipment salesmen and service technicians travel to Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton, Albany, Watertown, Poughkeepsie, Ithaca, Potsdam, and Plattsburgh NY on a daily basis. If you would like to speak with a loading dock representative, please contact us.