Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Leveler
An impressive combination of usability and longevity, Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Levelers are high-performance systems that operate at the touch of a button. Strategically welded enhanced J-beams provide an exceptional level of structural sturdiness, improving product lifetime.
Hydraulic deck and lip cylinders increase operating efficiency and reduce maintenance requirements, resulting in a significantly lower total cost of ownership compared to mechanical units. Optional independent lip control is available for all models, decreasing both cycle time and energy use (Blue Genius™ Touch Control Panel required).
Superior craftsmanship, ease of operation, and a robust suite of advanced safety features make the Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Leveler an ideal choice for increased productivity at the loading dock.
Eight (8) enhanced J-beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points to prevent distortion and extend the lifetime of the dock leveler.
- Platform flexes up to 4″ (102mm) under load, maintaining full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed
- Inverted deck cylinder self-bleeds continually, reducing internal corrosion and increasing velocity fuse efficiency
- Continuous one-piece headboard system intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure
- High tensile J-beams allow the deck to flex side to side while maintaining back to front rigidity without distorting
Blue Giant Hydraulic Dock Leveler
Manufactured up to 2018
Hydraulic Loading Dock Leveler
Blue Giant U-Series
- Fixed rear hinge with 4″ (101mm) lateral ramp flex to compensate for non-level trailer bed.
- Working range of 12″ (305mm) above and 12″ (305mm) below dock level.
- Structural deck support includes minimum six each high-tensile solid steel U-beam members
- High tensile steel deck & lip
- 16″ (406mm) long lip, (lip is tapered on 7′ wide models)
- The single push button control station (model SP1) raises an independent hydraulic dock leveler via a constant pressure “I” (UP) button.
- Control station is NEMA4X/IP65 rated, 3-1/4″ W x 6-1/2H x 5-1/8″D (83 x 165 x 130mm) in size.
- Beveled lip
- Self-contained TENV 1 HP power pack mounted under deck (specify voltage)
- (2) DB411 laminated bumpers, dual flange (4.5″ x 14″ 10″) standard for 6′ and 6’6″ wide
- (2) DB411WB laminated bumpers, single flange (4.5″ x 11.25″ x 10″) standard for 7′ wide
- V-grooved maintenance strut
- Full operating range toe guards painted safety yellow
- Hydraulic (velocity fuse) fall-safe
- Inverted hydraulic loading dock leveler deck cylinder, self purges air
Superior quality, ease of operation, and advanced safety features make the Blue Giant U-Series hydraulic loading dock leveler and ideal choice for increased productivity at the loading dock.
Easy to Operate
- The U-Series hydraulic dock leveler comes standard with a single push button control for sequenced deck and lip operation.
- A minimum of six heavy-duty U-beam channels are welded to the underside of the deck at dynamic impact points, preventing ‘dishing’ and extending the life of the dock leveler. The continuous one-piece headboard intensifies the strength of the deck’s front structure. A single lip hinge pin enables a stronger distributed load.
Deck Flex Advantage
- Ideal for normal loading conditions, the deck structure allows the platform to flex up to 4″ (101mm) when under load to ensure full-width contact between the lip and the truck bed. The fixed rear hinge remains flush with the floor to eliminate pinch points and cross traffic obstruction.
Designed with Safety in Mind
- The velocity fuse built into the cylinder of the U-Series dock leveler limits free fall of a loaded platform to within 3″ (76mm) in the event of a hydraulic line rupture or unscheduled truck departure.